Membership in STORM provides increased buying power that helps achieve bulk pricing on storm water pollution prevention awareness promotional items and reduce in developmental fees.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Water Runoff Models - The City of Chandler developed a display illustrating stormwater drainage and how pollutants enter the stormwater system. Use of this model has been offered to STORM members on a reservation process.
- Storm Drain Marker Templates - The City of Phoenix developed a template of a storm drain marker to be installed on stormwater catch basins that warn of potential of contamination from improper discharge. Since then, other STORM members have worked to secure competitive pricing for these public information markers (PAMs) and have incorporated them into their individual programs, and secured contracted pricing is offered to all STORM members who are interested in implementing this into their stormwater program.
- Promotional Items - Fountain Hills developed a template for wrist bands embossed with STORM's slogan “Only Rain in the Storm Drain” and was made available to members without having to endure the cost of the original casting price. Since then, other STORM members have worked to secure competitive pricing for these wrist bands and secured contracted pricing is offered to all STORM members who are interested in implementing this into their stormwater program.
- Brochures - STORM has developed tri-fold color brochure addressing common stormwater pollutants that have been identified to cause contamination to surface water bodies. These brochures target the general public and industrial operations, including construction activities, providing tips on how to help reduce stormwater pollution and means necessary to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Storm Drain Dan Comic Books – The City of Phoenix developed comic books related to preventing stormwater pollution. Phoenix has released the copyrights to some of the Storm Drain Dan publications for use, and alteration thereof, to certain STORM membership. This reduces costs for other STORM members to have to develop such unique and appropriate means of public relations individually.
If you have a product or idea that you think STORM could incorporate into their stormwater education, outreach, and participation program; please contact a Board Member by visiting the Contact STORM page.